Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Comment # 1 (Case Studies and Issues in PR)

The 3 F's of Time Management for Overwhelmed Entrepreneurs. By Elena Velree.

Sometimes we need to slow down in order to get work done. Being overwhelmed by the pace of my school activities, I realized that mono-tasking is the way in a real life experience, especially if you are going to become an entrepreneur. By minimizing distractions and focusing carefully on the task at a time, we can actually speed up our overall work rate. With so much head work, we can often neglect our bodies. Regular exercise helps me blow off steam, gives me more energy, greater concentration and better sleep at night. It's good to track your time hour-by-hour for one week: everything that you're doing from the time you get up until you go to bed. This is so sobering! By doing that I usually see where the holes in my calendar are. It helps to rearrange my life (and calendar) accordingly. Some may not support me, but being selfish is a good thing. Once I have prioritized my to-do list, I put that ahead of all others' lists. When I'm able to get my own work done, I'm in a much better position to support others with their projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment